Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Liebster Award 2014



Not even a year into blogging and I've been nominated for a Liebster Award! Say what?! I guess this is what happens when you have blogger friends XD A huge thanks to Victoria Grace Howell @Stori Tori's Blog for the nomination. Be sure to check out her blog cause it's awesome :) 


11 Things About Me

1) I'm an avid long-boarder. In the summer and fall months I like to take my board to the trails and head to one of my favourite spots to recharge. Exercise + Tranquility = a happy Cassia.

2) I take karate classes twice a week. I'm not a black belt yet but there's no way I'm quitting until I get there. And lets be honest, once I get there, I won't want to quite. I'll feel like a ninja! 


3) In tenth grade, I won a film festival for my music video The Moment by 'Goldhouse'. It took me over one hundred gruelling hours of work to get there but the feeling of watching it on the big screen was totally worth it. Film and photography have always been a side hobby of mine. I love capturing life, stories, people and the world through visual mediums.  


4) I'm a certified lifeguard. You'll never have to fear the water again! 


5) I have this strange ability to shake the irises of my eyes (and sometimes they shake on their own when something gets to close to my face) and to wiggle my left ear...only the left one. I've tried to train my right one to do it too but I can't for the life of me! 


6) I've been to Hawaii and learned how to surf while there. Maui is a beautiful place plus it's super fun! PS: Shaved Ice is the most fantastic dessert on the entire planet ^_^ 



Nothing beats the vibration of the wave under your feet

7) I'm an owner of a QWERTY keyboard phone. Remember the commercials? "Slide in, slide out." My parents have been bugging me to get a new one but I'm persistent to hold onto little Jarvis until he dies. Stay strong, Jarvis!

8) My birthday lands on friday the thirteenth every once in awhile. That being said, nothing catastrophic has ever happened. In fact, I think the cake was better that year. 


9) I can officially say that I've dry-land luged down an olympic track. It was spectacularly fast and beyond fun. If anything makes you feel like a kid again, it's steering those things around corners, racing your younger sister to the finish line XD


10) I don't watch TV. Why would I waste my time with that when there's stories to be told, new places to see and adventures to go on!


11) My favourite foods are sushi and anything Thai. When my mom found out about this on our vacation to the Rockies last week, she brought me Thai food and sushi brochures from the front desk at the resort ^_^ 


11 Questions From Victoria (I love these questions!)

1) If you could have one day with any superhero, who would it be?
Spiderman! While I love Iron Man for his sarcasm, I feel like Spiderman would actually talk to me and make an effort to make that day the best day ever—and it totally would be! Gosh...now I want this to happen. Somebody, please contact Spiderman and set this up XD

2) If you could have any object from any book, movie or show what would it be?
Hm...well I already have a mockingjay pin, a coat of midnight would be fantastic but I'd probably have to say a Loric pendant from the I Am Number Four Series which by the way, I'm obsessed with! I know you can buy them but getting it straight from the series would be a dream come true. 
Four's Pendant (look how cool it is!)
3) Why did you start blogging?
I noticed that a lot of teens at Go Teen Writers blogged along with one of my friends (who happens to be the person who nominated me) so I figured I could give it a shot. I wanted to connect with other bloggers and build a platform. I really like it so far! 

4) What genre do write in?
Science-Fiction and Dystopia are the main ones but I'm venturing into action/adventure too. One thing at a time, Cass!

5) Do you have any pets?
I do! I have a little dog named Ciro. He's a bit of a brat but I love him ^_^ 



Ciro's finally found good use for my biology homework: it makes a great bed!


6) Light saber or sonic screwdriver?
Ooo...that's a hard one. A sonic screwdriver can do more things but a light sabre would make me feel so epic using it! I don't think I can make a decision on this one XD

7) What's your favorite Disney movie and why?
I love Brave. 
What? Not Frozen? *crowd gasps* 
No, not Frozen. I love the themes in Brave, and Merida's journey is so captivating. I can totally picture myself as her. And bonus points go to it for the fact that Merida isn't involved in any sort of romance. I just get to sit back and enjoy the story. Oh, and it's not a musical. I'm okay with musicals....until everyone in Walmart is singing Let It Go! 
I've been told I'd like Pocahontas and Mulan for similar reasons but I haven't seen them yet...*hides* I'm sorry! I had a sheltered childhood! No worries though, they're on my very, very long list of things to watch. 

8) What's your favorite kind of music?
I'm a big Indie music listener. Indie Rock and Indie Folk are my favourites. I'm also super drawn to soundtracks. I even listen to an online 'epic soundtrack' radio station.

9) Do you have any other artistic talent besides writing?

Well I'm not sure they're considered talents but I do some photography and I like doing pencil sketches and watercolour paintings when I can. I'm also in choir and make short films. Does that count as artistic?
I'm a pretty artsy person whether I'm good at it to not ;) 

10) What place in your books would you like to travel to?
The Dome by far! How could I pass up an opportunity to visit an underwater dome where everyone has superpowers? I'd probably be that weird person who's obsessed with the dome wall and just stands there looking at it and touching it XD Oo! Do I get a superpower too? 
And maybe I would run into some of my characters!
11) Which character of yours would you go on a date with?
Always the hardest question last...
After long consideration, I think I'd have to say Sorrel from my science fiction novel, Crec. With his teasing, spontaneous and awkward personality, he'd make that date memorable.

Sorrel: You're hotter than an overheated computer. 

Me: *blinks* Uh...right. 
Sorrel: Didn't think that one would work anyways.

Yeah, memorable for sure. My friend and I talked about my characters until I could decide...maybe I took this question a little too seriously XD



And now comes the time where I nominate 9 bloggers:

1) Leah @ Apassionata

2) Heather @ My Writing Desk


3) Bethany @ The Ramblings of a Young Author


4) Emily @ Emily Rachellle Writes


5) Brian @ Shattering the Darkness


6) Gillian @ Of Battles, Dragons, and Swords of Adamant


7) Heather @ Sometimes I'm a Story


8) Lily @ Lily's Notes in the Margin


9) Sarah @ Inklined




Bloggers, your mission if you choose to accept it, is to answer these 11 questions: 

1) What is something that you always carry with you?

2) If you could live in any fictional world, what would it be? 


3) What book has left the biggest impact on your life? 


4) Are you a city or country kid at heart? 


5) Do you collect anything? 


6) If you could pick an element (earth, air, water, fire) to describe you based on your own criteria, which element would you choose?


7) If you had to chose one of your characters to room with, who would you pick?


8) Summer or winter?


9) Which reality TV or game show would be like to be or think you would do well on?


10) What is the most listened to song in your iTunes library? 


11) If you could take the place of any famous book or movie character and live out their story, which character would you chose? 





So there you have it! Be sure to check out the nominees above cause they're pretty cool people and I'm sure their answers will be just as great as they are :) 


2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Cassia! :) I'll get my post up soon. Thai food is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, I look forward to reading it! Isn't it fantastic! I love it ^ ^

    ReplyDelete